Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: pdf corrupting
  Posted: 02/06/2004 at 8:53:50 pm
  By: stuart

I have the script installed and working fine, but the receiver of the email is getting corrupted PDF attachments. They are opening fine on the local computer, but not afer being emailed from the server.
Is there anything I could look into to fix it.

many thanks

Subject: Re: pdf corrupting
  Posted: 02/08/2004 at 7:17:09 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

It is ushualy a server configuration of either the hosting company or on the email end.

PDF have been know to cause problems in general. And in alot of case they will even be blocked by ISP's due to size. My suggestion would be to upload the PDF to the server.

example: http://www.yourdomain.com/some.pdf

The try to access this page. If it is still curopted check with your host or systems administrator.

If not then I would send the email out with a link to that PDF uploaded on your server. This would be the best way to go about things all around. However if you still want to send the email, check it on your server first then let me know how it turns out.

Seth

Posted: 02/08/2004 at 7:19:11 pm

One side note. When I attempted to post your form I got an internal server error. Which means there may be mis configuration on the attachement.

2. When testing the pdf, upload it to an HTML directory to view it off your server/web space.

Seth

Posted: 02/08/2004 at 8:16:00 pm
  By: stuart

many thanks Seth

Posted: 03/08/2004 at 8:54:22 am
  By: dmilburn

I am find that the PDF's are corrputed whne I open the documents. I have uploaded the PDF find and it opens fine in the browser but not when it is attached to the email. If have also tried to attach it as a zip file but this also is corrupted. I don't really want to insert a link into the email unless there is no other alternative. One other thing is it possible to atatch multiple documents to the same email.

Posted: 03/09/2004 at 6:02:54 am

There is some problems people where having with attaching PDF's on some servers. I am going to ad some additional stuff to the script to make it easier to configure attachments and then I will let you know when it is done to re-download. Probably be in about a day.

Seth

Posted: 03/24/2004 at 8:39:48 pm

Try Linux version 2.1, You should be all ready to go.

Seth

Posted: 04/02/2004 at 7:15:15 am

I have installed the new linux bixformamil and everything is working fine but as soon as I open the file that is attached to the autoresponer. the file is still currpted. Has this got something to do with my server?

Posted: 04/02/2004 at 7:20:29 am

Ignore prevous response I was calling the wrong script

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved