Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: No emails being sent
  Posted: 02/20/2004 at 11:08:47 am
  By: nittany605

This is my first attempt at using scripts in a webpage. I tried using the cgi script, it didn't work (internal server errors), so I tried using the pl script, it is working fine except it doesn't send emails.

The form gets filled out and sent to the .dat file, but it doesn't send the email to me or the reply to the sender. I am using the SMTP option, which I know my server supports. The server I am using is running Red Hat Linux.

The form is located at www.world-alliance.com/shoot-or-die/signup.htm

The bizmail.pl is located at www.world-alliance.com/cgi-bin/bizmail.pl

Subject: Re: No emails being sent
  Posted: 02/20/2004 at 12:54:55 pm
  By: nittany605

Ok, well it turns out it is sending emails, but only to one person (the second email recipient). When I remove the second email recipient name, only then will the first address recieve email.

Also, the reply email isn't working.

Subject: Re: No emails being sent
  Posted: 02/24/2004 at 10:17:38 am
  By: Seth Knorr

ok firstly on the email coming back to you, most servers will only send the email to an address once. So for instance if you want it to send to: me@mydomain.com
and ccto the same email and/or send the auto-response to the same email it will not work.

With that being said however I only see the send_to in your form and not the cc_to.

Since I will account for the fact that your probably took out cc_to the problem could be one of many things.

1. I tested your form and I did not get the email results back.

SO...

It could be your server will not send email off the server to any email it does not own.

I would check with your host or systems administrator. If you are getting the one email but not the other it would be a server setting.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved