Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Very Nice Script.........but
  Posted: 03/20/2004 at 1:29:56 am
  By: beautifulloozr

An excellent script Seth. I hope you can help me get mine working right. First let me inform you of a typo I found on line 740 of the bizmail.pl script(---WHERE should be WERE---) You may have fixed it already but I thought I would let you know.
Everything is working for me except the emails. The Script is writing to my .dat file, error and succcess pages working fine. I just can't seem to get the email functions working. Under section 1B of your "Creating your HTML forms page" you have: <input name="send_to" type=hidden value="1">(I noticed the abcense of quotataions around hidden) I tried it with the quotations and without but still no luck.
When I set up my mail account from my host, I could recieve mail but couldn't send so I contacted my ISP and had to configure my smtp settings to the settings recieved from them to be able to send mail from my hosting account. I thought this might be the problem I was having with your script so I changed the smtp settings in the script accordingly........still no luck.
I have changed my settings back now and have decided to cry for help.

the bizmail.pl url is: http://www.killerspades.com/cgibin/scrim_requests/bizmail.pl
the forms url is: http://www.killerspades.com/scrim_requests/scrim_requests.html
Please help if you can for I have spent enough time with your script that I can almost recite it by heart. lol
beautifulloozr

Subject: Re: Very Nice Script.........but
  Posted: 03/20/2004 at 7:00:32 pm

I am using version 2.0 of your script. I noticed that there are no "send mail" settings in it, only smtp. Should I try a different version maybe? I noticed V1.9 has the "SENDMAIL" variables. Should I try it? Please take a look at my form and config from previous post and let me know before I change anything!
thankyou,
beautifulloozr

Posted: 03/22/2004 at 6:16:34 am
  By: Seth Knorr

I tested everything and it worked fine except, I did not receive the reply email. Which yes that does tell me smtp does not work, like you said. You may want to try the Linux version of this script it actualy may work for you. You can keep all the .mes files you created just reconfigure bizmail.cgi when downloading the zip and upload all the .cgi files. It should work if not let me know.

Seth

Posted: 03/22/2004 at 10:04:07 pm

Woo Hoo! Eureka!
You are the man Seth. Linux version straightened me out. Thank you so much and I am still shocked that you answer all the support questions personally!!
God Bless You!!
beautifulloozr-------->

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved