Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: having a problem all of a sudden
  Posted: 05/20/2004 at 9:52:08 am
  By: santino

I'm having a problem with the scripts and everything seemed to be working ok last night (I've been using them for months without problem)

When someone submits their information on the form, I get an Internal Server Error and talks about foo@foo.com. But if I hit the "Back" button and hit submit again, then I get a thank you page. Occaisionally it will pull up the copyright page and talks about where to get a free script at.

However, even though it gives me that internal server error, the information still gets posted to a log. You can find a form here:
http://www.captureform.net/credit

Now I think the reason for not getting that error when you submit the information again, is that I have Delete Dups set to yes, so it doesnt take duplicate submissions. I'm thinking it has something to do with the email sending part of it.

If my path to sendmail happened to change overnight, would that be the error I would get in that instance, if it wasn't right in the bizmail script?

All my .cgi files are set to 755 and everything was working last night perfectly. I'm thinking it's a server problem for some reason, but I wanted to run it by you also, cause you would be able to help troubleshoot this problem, since you designed it :)

Thanks,
Dominic

Subject: Re: having a problem all of a sudden
  Posted: 05/20/2004 at 9:56:39 am
  By: Seth Knorr

Maybe try downloading the data file, and then replacing it with a blank one. See if that works. It could be that your server won't write to it, because there is currently to much data in it. Just make sure to re-chmod it to 777.

Seth

Posted: 05/20/2004 at 1:52:59 pm

Well it's writing to it; it's just not sending the mail. I've tested it more and I was right....when I set it to NOT delete dups, I got that error message each time. When I put it back to delete dups and then changed it to NOT send results to email, I don't get that error at all. So I've narrowed it down to a sendmail problem. Either on the server, or with the sendmail.cgi. However, like I said, I haven't changed a thing, except for that code you gave me to include the First and Last name in the TO box; but I did that on a separate script so I wouldn't mess up a good working one.

I've seen that error before when there is a "/" missing in the list of email addresses...however they are all fine.

Posted: 05/20/2004 at 2:35:54 pm

So when you changed the from name to:
\"first last\" <email>

The script you updated this on is in no way associated with the current script your running.

For instance is it in the same directory as bizmail.cgi, and is it sendmail.cgi that you are editing in that directory??

Seth

Posted: 05/20/2004 at 3:43:42 pm

Exactly, I did that on a different one, cause I didn't want to mess it up. This is a perfectly good working copy that this is happening on. I uploaded a totally different script from big nose bird and I'm getting the same error. Which means it has only to do with the server.

However, while your here, I think my emails to you are not getting there cause I sent you the files for the custom work and you didnt' get them. I also emailed you twice after that. Do you have another way we can communication that you can send me? phone or IM somehow?

Posted: 05/20/2004 at 5:02:09 pm

yes, I will give you a call in about a half an hour, I have your number. I did get your very last email a little bit ago.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved