Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Email formatting
  Posted: 06/16/2004 at 7:27:07 pm
  By: citystation1848

Hello,
First off, I would like to say that bizmail is the greatest thing of all time! Now that I got that off my chester, I'm having problem with the error pages.

When a visitor enters the correct and all required fields, everything works correctly. If a field is missing, the error page lets the visitor know which fields are missing. However, when a visitor enters an invalid format for an email, the error page is shown, but does not provide a reason.

Thanks for your help!

Subject: Re: Email formatting
  Posted: 06/17/2004 at 6:21:29 am
  By: Seth Knorr

it looks as though you may have edited the error page. However the easiest fix for you would be to add the "email" field to your required list.

Seth

Posted: 06/19/2004 at 2:44:47 pm

You're the second one that suggested I had edited it... after the first suggestion and before I posted a comment here, I took the error.cgi file that came in the zip file and overwrited the existing file that was on the server. So as of now, the error.cgi that is being used is original.

The email field has always been set as a required field on the form. If you leave the email field blank, it will say it's missing if you try submitting it.

Posted: 06/21/2004 at 7:54:32 pm

I just went through what I had, copying the original files that were downloaded and replacing code for the error page and error.cgi. I checked the form and everything seems to be checking out normal.

The page works correctly when a field is blank, and only has problems with the formatting. How will the user know what to fix if the form returns a blank error message? Is this a bug with the newest version of bizmail?

Posted: 06/22/2004 at 3:36:58 am
  By: Seth Knorr

To answer your question. Yes, when I put the new error page module in the new bizmail 2.1 for Linux, that feature conflicted witht he email checking if invalid formating. I just fixed it so if you download and install the curent version of the script and JUST RE-CONFIGURE AND INSTALL bizmail.cgi, you will be all set.

Thanks for finding that bug.

Seth

Posted: 06/23/2004 at 11:53:44 am

It works! Thank you.

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved