Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Carriage returns do not process on success page
  Posted: 07/11/2004 at 5:34:46 am
  By: michaelpead

Hi,

Any time a carriage return is entered into the textarea form I've created, it returns an internal server error in BizMail and does not process it to the success page. However, the emails are still sent, but it's meant people keep resubmitting the form thinking it hasn't been sent.

I upgraded to the latest version yesterday, and it still had the problem, and also tried only changing only the bare essentials of the script in case it was anything I was doing.

Could it be how my server is set up, does it require a special php module or something?

Cheers,

Mike

Subject: Re: Carriage returns do not process on success page
  Posted: 07/11/2004 at 9:50:30 am
  By: Seth Knorr

Are you using the TEXTAREA field as a personalized field on your success page?

If so that would be the problem. I really had not thought about this issue coming up. You only want to use input type fields in the personalization.

Seth

Posted: 07/11/2004 at 11:02:35 am

Yeah, like on some forms it says "Thank you, here is what you submitted" and includes a whole email.

Another thing, doesn't MSIE cut off the url length for buffer overrun prevention, so making textareas too big would cut off anyway using the get command?

Mike

Posted: 07/11/2004 at 7:46:06 pm

TRUE, actualy using to much get information period will cut off. The success page feature is really a light feature. It really is mainly meant for personalization of 4-8 input text fields. I am going to be releasing soon a script called MyForm, which will be written using MySQL, as the database, This will have a more robust success page, where you will be able to pull any fields onto the success page from the database. It will look better to. The first version is going to be release in PHP, and then a little latter I will release one for Perl. The PHP version will actualy work better, as PHP is faster. I already have the guts for the script, I just have to add the MYSQL functionality and then get the site aproved by the good people at MYSQL. So the script should be finished within about a week, but may take about 2 weeks to be released. The URL when it gets up will be www.mysqlform.com.

Seth

Posted: 07/13/2004 at 12:38:52 pm

Sounds good - you've put a lot of work into these scripts :)

I've never had much success with SQL though I have to say, I've always used shared hosts and can't always work out how to add all the tables and fields on the server's control panel. So for my mailing list, contact forms and vote feature I've just gone for scripts that use plain text files!

Thanks for your assistance - the script works fine now I've taken off the email body field.

Cheers,

Mike

Posted: 07/13/2004 at 12:49:24 pm

Just a side note on MYSQL. A great script to administer your databases is PHPMyadmin.

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved