Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Limit to plain.mes?
  Posted: 09/08/2004 at 6:19:43 am
  By: shawnm

I have setup the script perfectly, awesome job in building this script! And like others have said, thanks for making it free!

Just one question, I am using multiple forms on my site, so I have setup multiple plain.mes (plain1.mes, plain2.mes, etc). One of my forms has lots of inputs and I would like to include all users information in the auto-response email. So I configured plain.mes to include all the data using the {firstname} approach. Everything works fine until i get about about 30 inputs in the autoresponse email, then I start getting 500 errors. If I delete a few to get closer to the 25 inputs in the autoresponse, it works perfect again.

Any ideas on this? Is there a limit to how many to how many TAGs you can use?

Thanks for EVERYTHING!
Shawn

Subject: Re: Limit to plain.mes?
  Posted: 09/08/2004 at 6:29:40 am
  By: Seth Knorr

Good question. There should not be a limit on how many personalization tags you can use. On the form fields are you only using letters numbers and underscores for the field "name". Make sure you are not using spaces, or special charachters.

Another trouble shooting tip, try putting the fields that you are cutting out, first and take out the others, and see if it works then.

Seth

Posted: 09/08/2004 at 1:33:19 pm

OK I think I got something. I think I may have too much information on the page, causing a 500 error. I made a plain.mes with just the 50 tags and it worked perfectly, but if I add much more text or if I add too many more lines, I start getting the 500 error.

Still playing with it, any ideas?

Thanks for everything,
Shawn

Posted: 09/09/2004 at 6:13:26 am
  By: Seth Knorr

It may be a posibility that your server is timing out. It would seem strange, because it would apear to be not that much text, but it sounds like that is what it is.

Seth

Posted: 09/09/2004 at 8:13:23 am

ok thanks for everything seth, nice job on the script. you help is very much appreciated! Take care and thanks again!
Shawn

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved