Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Multiple choice forms and response email revisited
  Posted: 12/17/2004 at 8:57:49 am
  By: apgh3

Seth,
Thanks so much for a wonderful forms processor!

I was wondering if the problem of blank fields with check boxes and radio buttons was resolved?

Hidden Before Example:
<input name="any" type="hidden">
<input name="any" type="checkbox" id="any" value="something">

This results in all checked info being sent to the form creator by email. What it doesn't do is send checked info to responder in confirmation email or display it on 'success' page after responder submits request.

Conversely if the hidden tag, <input name="any" type="hidden">, is placed after the check box the check box information is sent to the responder by email and is displayed on the 'success' page but it is not sent by email to the form creator.

What I'd like is that check box info to be sent to the form creator by email and for the responder to either receive confirmation by email or to have the info displayed on the 'success' page following submission. I've looked at this and tried many and various things, been to the message board, but I can't figure it out. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Unix server, Bizmail 2.1.2, permissions set, it all works quickly and correctly except for this check box thing. Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Alan

Subject: Re: Multiple choice forms and response email revisited
  Posted: 12/21/2004 at 9:58:57 am
  By: Seth Knorr

You can do it the way you are trying or SIMPLY setup the hidden fields:
"outputfile" & "sort"
with a list of all fields in your form. This will then make these as the default fields your form will look for.

Seth

Posted: 12/27/2004 at 6:58:52 am
  By: APGH3

Seth,
Thanks for the reply. Sort is already set with all fields needed and does display the field name but not the info filled in. Outputfile is not used for this instance because no database is needed. I'll set outputfile up to see if this fixes it.
Thank you for addressing this and for a great script.
Alan

Posted: 12/27/2004 at 2:29:55 pm
  By: apgh3

Seth,
Made a hidden outputfile identical to the sort field and got the same result. I must be doing something wrong. I can get the success page to show what checkbox info was requested or the sent email to show what checkbox info was requested, but not both at the same time.
As you can tell, I'm not a programmer. Let me know if you have any ideas.
Thanks,
Alan

Posted: 01/05/2005 at 3:25:44 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Actualy I see what you are saying, I may need to add a new hidden field for that... I may try to get this in on the next release...

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved