[ Message Board Home ] [ Post Reply ] [ Log In ] [ Sign Up ]
Subject: IF radio button selected, then required field from drop-down?
| Posted: 02/10/2005 at 12:27:30 pm |
| By: bmlord |
|Hi, this script is fantastic, thank you. My only problem is this (may not be possible):
- In one area of my form, I would like the user select type of payment.
- They ave two choices: Credit Card or Check (I have them setup as radio buttons)
- The Credit Card radio button is followed by a drop down for Card Type (mc or visa) and drop downs for expiration date.
- Right now, I have the name="payment_type" set as required, so they must chose either credit card OR check
- However, is there a way to make it so if they chose the Credit Card radio button, only then do the related fileds become required (card type, exp date, etc)???
- Basically, I wish I could do an "if" statement, which would say: if, and only if, Credit Card is selected, card type and expiration date is required. If Check is selected as payment_type, then card type and exp date are not required.
I'm not sure this is possible, but i figured if anyone could help, Seth could!
Thanks either way.
Subject: Re: IF radio button selected, then required field from drop-down?
| Posted: 02/16/2005 at 6:28:17 am |
| By: Seth Knorr |
|Good question. This is posible, but you would have to do some custom programming to the bizmail.cgi script wich is past the scope of general help...
Reply To This Topic
Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved