Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Unchecked checkboxes not recorded
  Posted: 03/06/2005 at 3:17:50 pm
  By: kriskd

Got this script up and running this past weekend and it's looking great!

Part of my form contains a list of checkboxes with the standard "check as many as apply".

I discovered that for any boxes that the user does not check, don't get recorded. I want them to be recorded as blank data (ie: "" ) so when I import the data into my spreadsheet, it leaves an empty box and everything following it in that row lines up properly.

At the moment, everything following that section gets pushed to the left in my spreadsheet since unchecked boxes aren't being recorded as a blank cell.

Any thoughts?

Subject: Re: Unchecked checkboxes not recorded
  Posted: 03/06/2005 at 4:08:50 pm
  By: kriskd

Fixed it by actually doing a bit of reading here! I used "outputfile" and made all my fields reqired and that successfully recorded unchecked checkboxes. Also, by doing that, I left out the end submit value that it brought in. That didn't harm anything, but it wasn't needed either.

As an after thought, was this the best or only way to do this? By default shouldn't everything be required including unchecked checkboxes?

Regardless, I'm glad it's working. Would have been hellish to figure out what the checkboxes matched up to otherwise.

Subject: Re: Unchecked checkboxes not recorded
  Posted: 03/14/2005 at 5:52:08 am
  By: Seth Knorr

The problem as explained on previous posts, is that checkboxes when left blank act like they do no exist. This is actualy an internet explorer and netscape problem....

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved