[ Message Board Home ] [ Post Reply ] [ Log In ] [ Sign Up ]
Subject: Running IIS on XP and can't Write to your Files? Here's the Fix.
| Posted: 05/16/2005 at 1:25:50 am |
| By: thebobman |
|I love your script and thought I'd contribute my bullet proof way to get around not being able to CHMOD the .dat files to 777.
YOU MUST BE LOGGED ON AS ADMINISTRATOR
1. open any folder, then click "Tools" then "Folder Options"
2. select the views tab, then scroll all the way to the bottom and uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing" Hit Okay to close the window
3. navigate to where you dat files are, highlight them, then right click on them and select properties
4. there should now be a "Security" tab, select it, then select the "Everyone" user
5. check "Full Control" and hit okay
6. restart IIS and it'll all work!
Reply To This Topic
Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved