PHP Version

Other Favorites

Hire a clean comedian

Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: can I add a counter to the data file?
  Posted: 12/17/2005 at 12:22:53 am
  By: twebber

Hi Seth,

Thanks for a great script - I have got it working fine but I'd like to add a counter to the data to create a good unique identifier. Is there an easy way?

Also, I spent a lot of time trying to overcome the problem caused by unselected checkboxes not being recorded (makes for a nightmare when reading data back in as data is applied to wrong variable).

Many thanks to kriskd (Unchecked checkboxes not recorded 03/06/2005 at 3:17:50 pm) for his post which worked wonders for me.
quote*I used "outputfile" and made all my fields reqired and that successfully recorded unchecked checkboxes.*

This has allowed me to create a custom success page using one passed variable to pull data back from the data file.

Subject: Update - problem solved
  Posted: 12/17/2005 at 2:13:48 am
  By: twebber

I'm not sure if it's the most elegant solution, but it works :)

I've borrowed from bnbform a bit ;)
I made a file to hold the counter, bizmail.cgi opens it, reads it, increments it by one and sets a variable to that value.

Then I simply had to print the new valu plus my separater to my data file before the form fields and voila :)

Then I appended my new counter variable to the success page url and used it to pull the data back from my data file to an html success 'confirmation' screen which the submitter can print if they wish. Thus I now have a pretty slick order handling system :) yay

Subject: Re: can I add a counter to the data file?
  Posted: 02/07/2006 at 2:41:07 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Yes, what you said would work...

Actualy this is going to be another future feature for the script.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved