Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Weird 500 Error...
  Posted: 02/13/2006 at 9:15:38 am
  By: Bianca1

ello,
I had some trouble installing the script because I made some changes so I basically re-installed it without any modifications but I am still getting errors.

Firstly, it appears that the script is somewhat working because my form submissions ARE being saved to the data file. However, the success page does not show up nor are the autoresponder emails being sent. Instead I get a "500 Internal Server Error"

I also noticed that the error page works. If I leave something out or don't put the @ in the email field, the error page pops up.

My questions is how come the error page and data saving both work but the success page and autoresponders don't? What did I do wrong?

P.S. All @ have their /'s before and all permissions are set to 777

Subject: Re: Weird 500 Error...
  Posted: 02/14/2006 at 8:17:43 am
  By: Seth Knorr

The problem is not with the actual script rather just your success page.

If you try just pulling the success page up that you have set in the field name="success_page" I am going to be you are going to get the same error.

If this is so, the success page is giving the ERROR, as that is where the person is at, HOWEVER they still will see bizmail.cgi in the URL bar...

That can be confusing, but that is just how Perl works...

Anyway, fix the success page and you will be all set.

Seth

Posted: 02/14/2006 at 12:48:46 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Seth! The thing is, if I enter the URL of the success page directly into the address bar, the page shows up fine. I am not using any of the fancy success page features in the script. Just my own simple "congratulations page" with plain HTML. I added the URL of my success page to the form in the following tag:
<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="http://www.mywebsite.com/my_success_page.html">

Is that not right? Should I be editing something else?

Posted: 02/14/2006 at 1:31:28 pm

Maybe just try entering:
http://www.mywebsite.com/

And see what happens...

Seth

Posted: 02/14/2006 at 1:49:14 pm

I get the same thing... 500 Internal Server Error :( Which part comes before in the bizmail.cgi form... the success page code or the sendmail code? Since neither are being sent, I can assume that the script is bugging out at one of those sections right?

About the success page section... what exactly should I be editing? If I am not using the fancy success page module... is there anything I should be changing/configuring besides just adding the link of text to my form (like in my above post)??

Any help would be nice, I am at my wits end :(

Posted: 02/14/2006 at 2:43:27 pm

Are you using SMTP or SENDMAIL?

Seth

Posted: 02/15/2006 at 6:34:18 am

sendmail

Posted: 02/15/2006 at 9:20:34 am

Are you using the sendreply feature... If so turn it off, and try it again...

It may be that MIME is not working on your server, or you have not set the directory "MIME" to 777, or the script contained therein "Lite.pm" to 777 as well.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved