Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: real newbie, can't get anything to go
  Posted: 08/22/2006 at 5:34:22 pm
  By: docsmullins

I think I have everything downloaded, and the html code correct, but I am getting absolutely NOTHING to happen when one hits "submit" on my form...

A few of questions..
1)According to my web server, I only need to create a CGI folder under the WWW folder and place the .cgi program there (I also placed all other downloaded files there, too). Do I need to change the first line in the program to that destination, too? Or will the "path to perl" be automatically considered when I place the program under the new CGI folder on the server? (I am using ucvhost as my server).

2) Is it OK that I put all the other files there (i.e. success.htm, error.cgi, etc)

3) in the "action" line of my html, how much of the web address to the bizmail.cgi program do I need to type? Everything (from d:webspace/blahblahblah) or less? The examples seem to say you can start from /www/cgi/etc.. How far back do I need to list?
Again, I am a total newbie at this. Learning how to make these forms, etc, from little website tutorials. Pleas speak plainly and slowly :)

Subject: Re: real newbie, can't get anything to go
  Posted: 08/26/2006 at 5:44:38 pm
  By: docsmullins

Well, I think I resolved some of this. I finally got the form to submit, but I am getting an error when I do.. The error page says the following:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't locate /www/cgi/bizmail2_2/cgi-bin/error.cgi at D:\webspace\july200113\midwayvet\midwayvet.com\www\cgi\bizmail2_2\cgi-bin\bizmail.cgi line 759.

Anyone familiar with this error? I don't know much about this stuff, but it seems to be outside of my webpage HTML, but I'm sure it may have to do with how/where I ftp'd the bizmail folders. For the record, while looking at my directory tree, there is, in fact, a error.cgi file in said folder (...bizmail2_2/cgi-bin/error.cgi).

Any suggestions?

Subject: Re: real newbie, can't get anything to go
  Posted: 09/16/2006 at 9:03:40 am
  By: Seth Knorr

You need to upload error.cgi into the same directory as bizmail.cgi

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved