Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Custom results email not functioning, personalization tags
  Posted: 12/28/2006 at 3:44:43 pm
  By: catherinestein@gmail.com

A couple more problems, and I wonder if they're related. My form is located here: http://www.amherstearlymusic.org/2007/www/classchoice.htm
The idea is that students signing up for workshop classes rate their abilities in various musical skills, and then select classes.
We would like to use a similar-looking format to the page to generate our custom results email, and ideally the auto-response email back to the user. The personalization tags for the auto-response email seem to work mostly, if I keep the email very short and basic. Otherwise I get a server error page. The short version works, so I'll keep it for now. I'm strongly encouraging users to print the success page, which I've customized using the URL.
Now for that custom results email. The data values are not passing to it, and I can't figure out why. It's also not using custom email number 5, even though it's specified in my form. It'll only use the default number 1. I modified custom email 1 to look like custom email 5, and that's when I got my correctly formatted but data-less email. Please advise. After paying for this version to get these specific features, I'm hoping for a little help here. Thanks.

Subject: Re: Custom results email not functioning, personalization tags
  Posted: 01/04/2007 at 5:24:00 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Are you trying to post comments from a textarea box to the email?

Regards,

Seth Knorr

Subject: Re: Custom results email not functioning, personalization tags
  Posted: 01/04/2007 at 5:41:40 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

I think I have confirmed that this is the problem. You are using the personalized success page, and it will not accept line breaks, when using the method you are using. For what you want, you will need to use the MYSQL success page, as it will access data from the database, instead of from the browsers URL.

Regards,

Seth Knorr

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved