Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: mysuccess.cgi & passing <%var%> variables
  Posted: 09/19/2007 at 2:44:26 am
  By: river

I have installed the form, scripts and MySQL DB correctly, since the form works and passes data to the SQL table and also e-mails.

The problem I have is with mysuccess.cgi and that it does not pass the variables from the db to the success.html form. So <&first_name%> is left blank on the success page.

In my Form I have:
<input type="hidden" name="sql_primary_key" value="id">
<input type="hidden" name="sql_encrypt_key" value="crypt_id">

<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="mysuccess.cgi?p=1&sql_encrypt_key={sql_encrypt_key}&sql_primary_key={MYSQL_en_id}&SQL_config={SQL_config}">

The form is at:
http://www.koolaj.com/form.html

The scripts are at:
http://www.koolaj.com/cgi-bin/

I have Biz Mail Version 3.1.1 Elite.

Thanks for your help.

Subject: Re: mysuccess.cgi & passing <%var%> variables
  Posted: 09/19/2007 at 10:48:44 pm

The readme section on your web says you need the following line in your html form to get the results read from the mysql and passed on to the success.html page:

<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/mysuccess.cgi??p=1&primaryk=id&myid={MYSQL_id}&SQL_config={SQL_config}">

but on your example_form.html you have the following line:
<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="mysuccess.cgi?p=1&sql_encrypt_key={sql_encrypt_key}&en_myid={MYSQL_en_id}&SQL_config={SQL_config}">

Neither of which works for me. I am able to write the data to the SQL table. It comes to the sucess.html page, but the variable <%first_name%> does not get any data to show on the success.html page through mysuccess.cgi. I have read your readme section over and over and followed everything. I need to get some support for this as I paid for the script. Please respond. I have everything esle working except this. And there is nothing else I can do based on your readme section.

In my previous post, the way I had set it up at least I could see the encrypt key in the browser's URL window. I don't know whether that is good or not. But with your directions I simply get the success page with no personalization info.

Posted: 09/20/2007 at 8:19:13 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Ok, actualy the field should look as below:

<input type="hidden" name="success_page" value="mysuccess.cgi?p=1&sql_encrypt_key={sql_encrypt_key}&en_myid={MYSQL_en_id}&SQL_config={SQL_config}">

I think the problem is you did not setup a encrypted field.

See the readme section for the hidden field:
<input type="hidden" name="sql_encrypt_key" value="crypt_id">

If it does not work after this, then just let me know, and I can login to your server or MySQL database and see what else you are missing.

Regards,

Seth

Posted: 10/30/2007 at 6:28:20 am

Seth-

I have been reading your readme file over and over. I have even found discrepancies within your readme section, and other errors elsewhere too which I will bring to your attention after I resolve all my issues.

How can I give you the login to the server. I do not wish to post here publically.

Right now my main issues are:
1-Variable do not get passed to the mysuccess.cgi file. I do have the correct encrypt file, but there is a problem with the date issue and I see that the beginning of the encrypt id starts with the date. My sever dates are OK, but the date variable is always one day and one month behind. for 10/30/2007 it either 09/29/2007.
2-Values get written to the DB even if form validation errors. For example even if you don't enter an e-mail address, which upon submit, goes to the error page to ask the user to go back and fix the empty field, it still writes the other form values to the DB. Why?

Please let me know how if I can communicate with you on an E-mail address. I can really be of further assitance with debuging and other errors with your otherwise excellent script.

Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.

Posted: 10/30/2007 at 7:14:51 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

I am sending you an email. I will get on looking at those issues you spoke of.

Regards,

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved