Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: failed to open log file - Error Message
  Posted: 11/19/2007 at 7:31:05 pm
  By: ryates3

I need help!!!
Here is my problem

I have purchased the latest Elite version of the BizMailForm script. I have been using BizMailForm 1.5 for some time.

I am trying to upgrade to the new one but I am getting errors. I am trying to write to the DB, write to the logfile, send a responce email to the user, and an email to us.

I was able to fill the DB and the logfile but only when I had the path to sendmail incorect.but it would not send the emails. When I corrected the path it would no longer write the the DB the Logfile or send the emails and I got the following error message:
failed to open log file
fopen: Permission denied
[Mon Nov 19 13:16:02 2007] [error] [client 71.234.32.250] Premature end of script headers: /home/goldmusk/www/cgi-bin/bizmail.cgi

I contacted my server hosting company to check the permissions and they said everthing was Ok but said it looked to be failing on line 373 of bizmail.cgi and this is the error they got:
Can't locate /www/cgi-bin/sql_settings.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.4 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at bizmail.cgi line 373.
[Mon Nov 19 13:19:27 2007] [error] [client 198.65.168.24] Premature end of script headers:

The sql_settings file is there and the path to the CGI bin is correct. NOt sure what the problem is.

HTML file: http://www.healthcaretrainingsystems.com/example_form.html
CGI File: http://www.healthcaretrainingsystems.com/cgi-bin/bizmail.cgi

Please Help!

Thanks,
Bob Yates
bob@goldenwebsites.com
1-203-798-2838

Subject: Re: failed to open log file - Error Message
  Posted: 11/19/2007 at 7:59:07 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Change the path to sendmail back, so I can see the form working in some form.

Regards,

Seth

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 12:29:35 am

Seth,

OK - It is set so It will write to the log and will fill the DB - But no mail is sent (But we know this is because the path is wrong)

Thanks,
Bob

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 6:32:21 pm

What is the sendmail path that you are using?

Regards,

Seth

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:04:16 pm

It is currently set to $mailprog = "/usr/bin/sendmail";

The correct path is $mailprog = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

That is what I am currently using in my bizmail 1.5 scripts

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 7:55:26 pm

WOW, you got me stumped on this. I have never run into this before. Generaly you will only get an internal error when submiting the form, But I got it when I just pulled up bizmail.cgi... Which is very strange...

If you email me your server login, I can login and check it out and see if I see anything...

I am going to assume there is some kind of sendmail problem, but if you are using this on a previous version I am somewhat stumped.

Regards,

Seth

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 8:42:05 pm

The email address I have for you does not work - here is mine bob@goldenwebsites.com - If you could send me an email and I will reply.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted: 11/20/2007 at 10:40:16 pm

Path to sendmail needs to be:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved