PHP Version

Other Favorites

Hire a clean comedian

Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Need some HELP with this very nice FREE script :)
  Posted: 01/05/2004 at 4:07:30 pm
  By: mike

Hello guys, I would first like to say great job to offer this beautiful form script for free, i love it!!

I had a question tho, I'm trying to make this form that has multiple pages! And the user can check whatever they want on page one and move to page two and so on and i want all the data to be sent to my email exactly in the order of which they checked it.

Is this possible? if so how? Any help would be greaty appriciated! Thank you again for offering such an amazing form script for free! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Subject: Re: Need some HELP with this very nice FREE script :)
  Posted: 01/06/2004 at 6:02:46 am
  By: Seth Knorr

Ok this is posible.

1. The first question you have to ask yourself though is do you want the information emailed to you every time the individual goes from page one to page...

(If not One posible problem you could run into is that they do not make it to the end and you end up with no data that they filed out.)

**What you may however want to do is use a different script for all pages except the last. I would recomend Novice Form As it will just email the results of the first couple of pages back fast since that is realy the only feature it offers. You can download it at http://download.noviceforms.com/

**What I would do is Create page one like A regular form with the normal instructions, WHATEVER.html.
Then post that novice forms novice.cgi with the success page being success1.cgi.

On the success page though have your second form. Using hidden fields input the values that have already been filled out, using the personalization techniques.

Just repeat this proccess till you come to the final page. Then I would use Biz Mail Form to post the final Page, and that would offer the autoresponse for filling out all the other pages and so on....

Let me know if that helps.

Seth

Posted: 01/06/2004 at 1:05:43 pm

Hey thnx for ur reply!
I dont want the results to be sent to me from page to page. I want it to store the clicked things in memory and then send it all to me at the END page where it says SUBMIT you know what i mean? The first pages just say NEXT PAGE up till the last page that says SUBMIT and sends everything to me.

Posted: 01/06/2004 at 4:09:36 pm

Realy then just mutiple the success.cgi, and keep submitting each page to a new one. Actualy you could send it via GET instead of POST.

so <form action=succcess1.cgi method="GET">

And then use the hidden fields as explained above. May be complicated if you have never tried that before.

Seth

Posted: 01/06/2004 at 4:10:21 pm

Also you will want to read the readme file well on the success.cgi section for more information on how it works.

Seth

Posted: 01/06/2004 at 9:24:44 pm

Thank yoU SO MUCH seth :D WOOHOO keep up the good work, now i'm gonna go try to see if i can get this to work! hehe

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved