Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: NEW VERSION 2.1 FOR LINUX
  Posted: 03/24/2004 at 8:36:07 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

VERSION 2.1 for Linux is now available. The windows version will be available soon.

The new features include:

* Template Error pages, and "personalized required error page module". This module enables you to send form posters to a template error page you setup if ANY required field is not filled in. This page can look as if they never left your site. In addition this page can contain the form that they posted from on the previous page, and through "Custom Template Tags", you can keep the values of previously inputted data (including dropdown and select boxes) while asking them to fill in the missing required fields through an error message, bolding the input field "description text" and highlighting the actually field yellow.

* Every form can have a different required template error page.

* Ability to add the DATE, TIME, TIME OF DAY (AM OR PM), and IP ADDRESS; to the auto-response email.

* File attachment bug fixes.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the new features.

Seth

Subject: Re: NEW VERSION 2.1 FOR LINUX
  Posted: 03/25/2004 at 5:33:35 am
  By: Biscuits

Seth

Thank you kindly for the these fixes.
I am sure they will be appreciated by many.

You have been very supportive on many issues, however I wish to bring up a point that others have asked you before & that is we would also like to have html email returned to the site designer as well as sending a html email to the submitter of the form.
Is this feature going to become available ?

Tony

Posted: 03/25/2004 at 5:59:23 am

Actualy that is a realy good question.

Here is the delema, If I do that then I am going to have to create a whole new module, which is not that big of a deal, however for the the end user it may slow proccessing times.

So what I am thinking about now, is maybe having a seperate module that you could download for these features that would be outside the actual BIZ MAIL FORM.

I may have this when I release the Windows 2.1 Version of this script which should be latter this week.

Seth

Posted: 03/25/2004 at 9:00:48 pm

Would this then email the submitter & then email the site owner, or would the submitted information have to be passed on from the Bizmail script ?

Tony

Posted: 03/26/2004 at 6:00:26 am

It would still run through the bizmail script however you would replace sendmail.cgi and smtp.cgi with the script which would be in the UPDATE zip, and then that would get you running the module.

And yes it would email both the submiter and owner of the site. And both would be able to have different customized emails.

Seth

Posted: 03/31/2004 at 4:47:39 am

Hello Seth

How close are we to getting the UPDATE zip ?

Thanks
Tony

Posted: 03/31/2004 at 6:01:34 am

It will probably be up by friday.

Seth

Posted: 04/04/2004 at 7:56:42 pm

Ok the zip is now ready, but currently only available for Linux. To download and update download the zip file located here:

http://www.bizmailform.com/update_results.zip

After downloading just read the update_readme.zip for instructions.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved