PHP Version

Other Favorites

Hire a clean comedian

Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Selective Autoresponders, based on form input???
  Posted: 07/11/2004 at 10:18:52 am
  By: totalhosting

Hi All.

I think this is an awesome script. Thanks Seth.

Is there a way to do a simple if/then check on form inputs to select the proper autoresponder file, if not just build it customized on the fly.

For instance, a visitor says they are in interested in Service X, as indicated in their form. I would like to either redirect them to certain page, send them a specific autoresponder and/or attachment, or build a personalized page, perhaps with various canned HTML blocks to be used, based on responses.

Basically looking for a way to USE the data, not just collect it. Seems like a good idea to use the data to drive action.

Any ideas? Any recommendations on anything else that resembles this?

Thanks

Pete

Subject: Re: Selective Autoresponders, based on form input???
  Posted: 07/11/2004 at 7:39:05 pm
  By: Seth Knorr

Actually this is an excellent question. Sounds like an idea for a future version. UNTIL THEN, the ways you could rig it would be, to for instance if you want the message to be sent dependant on a product, you could do.

What Product?
<select name="plain_mesfile">
<option value="product1.mes">Product 1</option>
<option value="product2.mes">Product 2</option>
<option value="product3.mes">Product 3</option>
</select>

THEN DEPENDANT on what product they choose they would get the corresponding auto response.

You could also write a javascript, but that can get very complicated, and you would have to really know what your doing. There is javascript that dependant on what you choose it will change other values. HOWEVER JAVASCRIPT IS DISABLED ON SOME COMPUTERS SO WILL NOT WORK ALL THE TIME.

Sorry I could not be of more help, but I will let you know if and when I get that in a new version.

Seth

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved