Bible Search Engine

Bible in a Year

Parallel Bible

The Richer Life

[ Message Board Home ]    [ Post Reply ]    [ Log In ]    [ Sign Up ]

Subject: Problem with using personalized error form
  Posted: 05/04/2005 at 2:38:51 pm
  By: mthess

I'm setting up the BizMail script for a regsitration site I am building and I've managed to work through all of my problems (I'm pretty much a novice at Perl), but I can't seem to be able to use a personalized error form. I can get the default error.html form to work when I set the script to use $use_html_error = "2"; but I when I change the value to 1, I get a 500 Internal Server error and a 404 Not Found error. I've rechecked everything like 100 times and it all looks ok to me. Any ideas?

Everything else works fine, it submits to the .dat file and sends the form submission e-mail and I finally got the auto-response to work, I just can't figure this step out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Subject: Re: Problem with using personalized error form
  Posted: 05/10/2005 at 6:11:08 am
  By: Seth Knorr

Your form must include the hidden field:

<input name="error_page" type="hidden" value="1">

Which corresponds to this variable in bizmail.cgi:
$HTML_error_page{"1"} = "formerror.html";

More info on this in the readme...

Seth

Posted: 05/19/2005 at 9:24:52 am
  By: mthess

Seth, thanks for your reply and sorry for my delay in getting back to you on this.

Anyway, that hidden field was in the form and the variable was set correctly in the bizmail.cgi and it would not work, that's when I posted my original problem. The default error.htm works fine when I set $HTML_error_page{"2"} so I just went ahead and used that system as I needed to be up and running asap. I would like to use the personalized error form as I think it is a great feature, but I just couldn't get it to work. Let me know if you have any other ideas, but if not, its no big deal, I'll just keep using the other page.

I have another question as well, have you heard of any problems with this system not working properly with netscape? I just got a call from someone who said they were being taken to the wrong success page, which I put a full URL to my own success page in. It does bring them to one of my success pages, just not the right one. It also does not submit the information to the .dat file or send me an e-mail with the information. I've heard this from one other person, but don't what browser they were using. Any ideas?

Other than that, the program works great and has been a big help. Thanks.

Posted: 06/03/2005 at 6:12:11 am
  By: Seth Knorr

On the netscape thing.... a browser is just a browser... It would seem that it should not matter, unless you are implementing something like javascript into your form.....

Other than that it seems to me like they are going to the wrong page....

Seth

Posted: 08/09/2005 at 6:45:25 am
  By: quick77

I'm having the same problem here, and I would really like to use the formerror.html page as I like the idea of having the form reappear with Bold fields instead of an error message as the default one.

But as soon as I set up the default html error page to "1", also with the hidden value in the form, I get an Internal Server Error with a 404. I tried to access the formerror.html page from my browser directly typing the url to that page and I get the same error. I also tried putting the formerror.html in the root directory instead og cgi-bin and put the complete http://... url in the bizmail.cgi and still the same error!

Any idea how to solve this? Can it be server related (everything else works fine tho)? I really hope someone can help me out as i am out of ideas to try!

Btw, good job on the whole script, it really like it.
Cheers,
Bruno

Reply To This Topic

Subject
Password
Due to unrelated post's, you must have an
account to post a message. To Sign Up click here.

Copyright 2000-2010 Seth M. Knorr,
BizMailForm.com Forms Processor, All Rights Reserved